Why/If, & How You Could Elope*Scroll to the bottom for all our posting about life*
We’re simple people, after all, our tag line here on One Mad Life is:
Life is Mad.
It’s Time to Simplify.
I think that the five things we talk about on this site (minimalism, frugality, mindfulness, financial independence, and travel) can be nicely summed up into one philosophy that I follow.
The end goal of our lives is to be happy
and help the world and others as much as we can.
I think that in the end, most people want a life like this (but I am a glass half full person.) If we all tried to live lives full of value and helpfulness, what would the world look like in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
I think we could make quite the turn around.
All talking aside, this is Life. It’s a section of our site that combines everything else we talk about into posts on real world subjects from going to college to getting married and eventually buying a house and having kids.
It’s real time, so you might have to wait a few years on the last two.
A Short Blurb…
In case you can be as lazy I can be, I have included short blurbs about each of our five [other] sections on this website. Just a short summary of what we think it is and how we think it helps. If you’ve read all our other pages, feel free to scroll down past these to get to the real meat.
Minimalism begin happy with what you have and knowing what makes you happy. It’s a way to worry less, clean less, and live more. While some would say it’s about having less, that might not be true for you. Click here for an FAQ on our thoughts on minimalism, it has answers to the questions I get the most.
Being frugal is about deciding on what we really need, how we can get it, and getting a good quality item. Being frugal does not mean getting junk because it is cheap or not getting it at all because it costs to much. It’s about waying pros and cons to determine what is best. It goes hand in hand with minimalism.
We view this as a method to do what we love, not a retirement plan. In short, by the age of 35 we want to have enough saved up that we are no longer working to make money, but working to enjoy life. We plan to work in construction and marketing while homeschooling (maybe) children and owning an organic event farm on the west coast.
What does your FI look like?
Mindful thinking helps you accept you emotions, become happier, form deeper connections, and truly understand yourself and others. It helps you pay more attention and grow as a person mentally.
Traveling is the closest you can get to stepping into the shoes of another culture. You can relax, enjoy, learn, help, and teach. It’s a way to connect, take a break, and live more. Traveling is good for the soul.
The Real Meat!
Here it is, the topics on life we’ve written about. These happen real time, right now MadMan and I are planning a wedding, so expect lots of wedding planning to show up! Soon, we’ll be moving and finding jobs, so stay tuned!
The Philosophy of a Simple Life:
- The One Smile Movement – What if every person gave two minutes of their time a day?
- Ten Ways to Make Every Day Life Simpler! – It’s simpler to make life simple, than you would think.
- Your First Dorm – Coming Soon!
- Study Abroad – Coming Soon!
- Our Engagement – Just a piece about us. Not really any information unless you want to hear our story.
- Picking a Venue – A frugal look at finding a venue.
- The Dress. – Finding a wedding dress for your event and what to do with it after the wedding.
- Invitations – How we spend $36 for all of our invitations, save-the-dates, and registry. How to save money on yours too!
- A Frugal Wedding: 5 Sure Tips to Trim the Cost – Just as it sounds. These are the thinks learned so far. Comment to add your own!
- Booking Vendors – Coming Soon!
- Why/If, & How You Could Elope– Are you thinking about eloping?
Your Work Life:
- Are You Happy? Realizations about Work. – Are you happy at your job?
- Applying for jobs – Coming Soon!
The First Apartment:
- Buying things for your first place – A simplified list, minimalist style.
- Signing the First Lease – Coming Soon!
One Mad Life Updates:
- Six Months Later – We’ve been blogging for six months! Here’s an update!
If you ever need help, go on over to the contact us page and ask away. We love connecting with our readers and while we’re still figuring life out ourselves, we’ll do our best to help you with yours!
At the very least, you’ll get a photo of a cat. Cats make everything better.