With the other topics I write about so often, where did traveling come from? How does traveling make life simpler? Traveling makes life happier. A happy life is a simple life. After all, you can own one pair of shoes and never have to choose which shoes to wear, but if you’re not happy, is it really worth being that simple? We view traveling the same way. We look at traveling as a way to stay happy, learn, and relax. As with the rest of our sections, read or scroll to the bottom to begin reading other posts and to find other writers who travel.
Take Time to Travel
You may be trying to save money for a home or maybe to retire early but you need to travel. At least save up to visit a nearby city and have a stay-cation.
Why? Traveling is a reset. It’s a set time where you don’t have to work, don’t have to worry, and don’t have to clean or do anything hard for yourself. A TIME TO RELAX.
Traveling is VACATION. Everyone needs vacation. Even if you just take two days off work and watch movies at home, it’s needed to really get to work. Some of my most motivated work comes when I get back from a vacation.
Make a vacation jar (or budget):
We have a set budget for everything. 30% in savings, 30% in bills & rent, and 40% is divided between numerous other things, including a vacation budget. This budget just makes sure that we are saving a certain amount each month so that we can enjoy life now while saving for later.
This is important. You can save for latter all you want, but what are you doing now? Life isn’t just about saving for later, you need to live life now to make later worth anything. If you’ve read about our frugal adventures, you know that we tried only saving. It made us miserable.
The Pro’s of Traveling?
Do I even need to list these out? Probably not, but in case you aren’t sold on spending now to enjoy later, here you go:
- Time away from responsibilities
- Time with family to connect further
- Time to get closet to your live (we all know work puts stress on relationships)
- Disconnect from normal life and feel refreshed
- Learn about somewhere new
- See new places
- Make new memories
The con’s of Traveling:
- You will spend money
Ready to Travel? Read these for tips on how to travel and where to save:
- Ten Top Tips – Traveling isn’t complicated. This is the only list for saving you will ever needs. Simple.
- Traveling with a pet – Not a list of things to bring, but a guide on where to start. There are even a few discount links thrown in to help you save! (Coming soon!)
Need Ideas of where to go and what to do? We got ya.
- Portland, Oregon – Pack your rain gear!
- Snowboarding – Might want to get but pads (bruised butts are bad)
- New Orleans, Louisiana – Even in December it’s the place to be
- Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge – Dollywood, Drinking, & Dining… In the mountains!
- The Great Smokey Mountains – more than a drive through… hope you like camping!
- Atlanta, Georgia – It may be a stay-cation for us, but it could be your next trip!
- St. Lucia – Coming Soon!
- Savannah, Georgia – Coming Soon!
- Helen, Georgia – Coming Soon!
- Chattanooga, Tennessee – Coming Soon!
Can’t get enough of travel? Check out there traveling gurus!